The Galapagos Endemic
The Galapagos Endemic
The 16-passenger Galapagos Endemic motor catamaran was launched in July 2018. It operates exclusively within the Galapagos Islands.
The Galapagos Endemic is considered a “senior-friendly” vessel. It has fewer stairs than other catamarans, with better accessibility and special accommodation options.
The Galapagos Endemic carries a crew of 10, plus a cruise director, and an expert naturalist guide.
The vessel is 115 feet long, with a width (beam) of 45 feet, and a draft to baseline of 6.1 feet. With two 500-horsepower engines, Galapagos Endemic has a cruising speed of 12 knots.
The Galapagos Endemic’s Sky Deck offers lounge chairs, al fresco dining, and a hot tub.
The Upper Deck has a sun terrace and forward observation platform with lounge chairs. For guests with special mobility considerations, private dining can be arranged on this deck.
The Main Deck has a forward observation platform, a briefing room, lounge, and interior dinging room.
Other amenities include a BBQ station, television lounge, coffee station, library, kayaks, and snorkeling gear.
Galapagos Endemic Cabin Options
The Endemic has capacity for 16 guests:
- 4 panoramic suites on the Main Deck (double occupancy, approximately 344 square feet)
- 4 suites on the Upper Deck (double occupancy, approximately 344 square feet)
Each panoramic suite cabin has air conditioning, a balcony, private bathroom, and either a king-size bed or two twin-size beds. Additional features include storage space, a writing desk, hair dryer, and a security box.
The Upper Deck also has one single-occupancy cabin with a private balcony. This cabin can be used to add an additional naturalist guide on charter cruises.
The Galapagos Endemic offers 3, 4 and 7-night cruise itineraries. Charter itineraries are also available.
Expert naturalist guides (1 per 16 guests) lead hiking, kayaking, snorkeling and wildlife observation excursions.
Sample 4-night Cruise:
- Sunday: Arrival at Baltra airport and transfer to yacht; in the afternoon visit Dragon Hill and Santa Cruz Island
- Monday: Arrival at Kicker Rock, off San Cristobal Island; in the afternoon visit Isla Lobos/Sea Lion Island
- Tuesday: Arrival at Gardner Bay on Española Island; in the afternoon visit Suarez Point
- Wednesday: Arrival at Santa Cruz island in the morning; in the afternoon visit Charles Darwin station
- Thursday: Arrival at South Plaza Island in the morning; in the afternoon transfer to Baltra Airport
Endemic Technical Specifications
- Year of Construction: 2018
- Type: Luxury motor catamaran
- Length: 115 feet
- Max Speed: 12 knots
- Capacity: 16 passengers, 10 crew members + 1 cruise officer + 1 bilingual guide (an additional guide can be added for private charters)
For more information on group-basis Galapagos cruises and yacht charters, check out LANDED’s free guide.
“He who is outside his door already has the hardest part of his journey behind him.”