THE AQUA MARE
The Galapagos Aqua Mare carries a crew of 16, including two naturalist guides. The high crew-to-guest ensures personal attention and care.
The vessel is 164 feet long, with a width (beam) of 32 feet, and a draft to baseline of 10.5 feet. While Aqua Mare’s cruising speed ranges between 10 to 12 knots, it can go up to 17 knots, faster than any other luxury vessel in the Galapagos.
This motor yacht was designed and built by the renowned Italian CRN shipyard; the custom interiors were crafted by Zuretti.
Aqua Mare is the newest vessel operated by Aqua Expeditions–famous for its cruises in the Amazon, Mekong, and Indonesia. Cruise options are available year-round, with durations of seven and fourteen nights.
AQUA MARE’S ONBOARD LIVING AND SOCIAL AREAS
The superyacht’s sun deck offers outdoor panoramic dining with an outdoor Barbecue area, lounge and seating area, outdoor 6-person jetted tub, and outdoor workout zone.
The Upper Deck features the main panoramic lounge, library, lobby bar, and outdoor deck.
Other amenities include an indoor dining room, a swim platform, and an indoor panoramic Beach Club / Movie Room.
Satellite TV is available in all cabins with individual streaming services. Wi-Fi is available throughout the boat; however, Wi-Fi connectivity in the Galapagos is spotty.
DIVERSE ONBOARD MENU
The cruise features cuisine by award-winning Peruvian chef Pedro Miguel Schiaffino, celebrated for his use of local heirloom ingredients. Dining can be indoors or outdoors, depending on guest preferences and weather.
AQUA MARE CABIN OPTIONS
The Aqua Mare has capacity for up to 16 guests in seven sea-facing Suites:
- 1 Cat V Design Suite in the upper deck (double occupancy, queen-size bed, approximately 172 square feet)
- 2 Cat IV Design Suites in the lower deck (double occupancy, queen-size bed or two twin-sized beds, approximately 237 square feet). An extra pullman bed can be added for an extra cost.
- 2 Cat III Design Suites in the lower deck (double occupancy, queen-size bed, approximately 301 square feet)
- 1 Cat II Design Suite in the main deck (double occupancy, king-size bed, approximately 280 square feet)
- 1 Cat I Owner’s Suite in the main deck (double occupancy, king-size bed, approximately 861 square feet). An extra pullman bed and sofa bed can be added for an extra cost.
In-cabin amenities include air-conditioning, wood panelling, wall-to-wall carpeting, electronic security-boxes, and en-suite bathrooms with walk-in showers and rain showers.
AQUA MARE ITINERARIES
Cruise programs of seven and 14 nights are available year-round. Each season has its advantages. The cruise operates West and East itineraries. The 14-night itineraries include both the West and East islands. Speak with one of the expert travel planners at LANDED to help you choose the ideal dates and departure.
Each day, expert naturalist guides lead hiking, kayaking, snorkeling, and wildlife observation excursions.
The Aqua Mare can also be chartered.
AQUA MARE TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- Year of Construction: 1998
- Year of Reburbish: 2021
- Type: CRN Superyacht Explorer
- Length: 164 feet
- Beam: 32 feet
- Max Speed: 17 knots
- Capacity: 16 passengers, 14 crew members + 2 naturalist guides
For more information on group-basis Galapagos cruises and yacht charters, check out LANDED’s free guide.
LANDED has a direct contract with the Galapagos Aqua Mare; we book individual cabins as well as private charters. We can also arrange air travel, touring, and accommodations in mainland Ecuador. Speak with one of our expert travel planners today at 801.582.2100. We’ll take care of the details.