MV Hebridean Sky is a small, all-suite expedition vessel well suited for Antarctic voyages. The ship has an ice-class 1C.
Refurbished in 2005 and fully renovated in 2016, Hebridean Sky can accommodate up to 120 passengers on traditional cruises, or up to 75 passengers on air-cruises. Antarctic cruises are supported by 85 hotel, kitchen, and navigational crew members.
The vessel is 297 feet long, with a width (beam) of 50 feet, and a draft to baseline of 17 feet. With two 3,520 horsepower engines, the Hebridean Sky cruising speed is a swift 12.5 knots in open water.
Public areas include “The Club” lounge, a library, a presentation lounge with audio-visual facilities, a dining room, an outdoor cafe, a medical clinic, a wraparound deck, and an elevator serving all passenger decks.
Hebridean Sky has a non-smoking policy, but guests can smoke in certain designated areas.
All meals onboard the ship, hot drinks such as coffee, tea, and hot chocolate, as well as Chilean wines and soft drinks during dinner, are included in all itineraries.
Telecommunication and Wi-Fi are available at an additional cost.
Voyages aboard the Hebridean Sky are designed to maximize interaction with wildlife and time on land or in Zodiacs. Hebridean Sky carries a fleet of ten Zodiacs for exploration and remote landings. Zodiac cruising and onshore hiking are included with every departure (weather permitting). One key feature of Hebridean Sky is its stern loading platform, allowing for easy embarkation / disembarkation.
Hebridean Sky offers a program of lectures and presentations, and in the company of expert guides, watch for wildlife from the lounge or from the outside decks.
Hebridean Sky Cabin Options
The Habridean Sky offers eight suite categories:
- Triple Suite – 225 square feet.
- Window Suite – 225 square feet.
- Promenade Suite – 220 square feet.
- Deluxe Suite – 240 square feet.
- Veranda Suite – These 260 square feet feature a balcony.
- Penthouse Suite – These 325 square feet feature a balcony.
- Single Suite – 240 square feet.
- Owner’s Suite – These 325 square feet feature a balcony.
All suites feature a sitting area, a private bathroom, a picture window, and two twin-size beds that, on request, can be joined to form a king-size bed. Single Suites and Owner’s Suites only offer a king-size bed.
The Hebridean Sky operates air cruises of five and seven nights.
Sample 5-night Cruise: Antarctica Express Air-Cruise:
- Day 1: Upon Embarkation in Ushuaia’s port sail along the wildlife-rich Beagle Channel, towards Puerto Williams, Chile, the southernmost town in the world. Explore the surroundings before setting sail to Cape Horn.
- Day 2: After an overnight crossing of Nassau Bay, board a Zodiac and visit Cape Horn island (weather permitting). Back on board, set sail towards the White Continent of Antarctica.
- Day 3: Sail through the Drake Passage en route to King Geaorge Island, in the South Shetland Islands.
- Day 4: Reaching the South Shetland Islands disembark by Zodiac and explore the continent, exploration will continue well into the evening.
- Day 5: Upon reaching King George Island, disembark at Fildes Bay. A 1.25 mile walk takes you through Chile’s Frei Station and Russia’s Bellingshausen Station to the aircraft. Fly to Punta Arenas. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel for the night. Dinner is not included.
- Day 6: Morning breakfast and transfer to the airport to continue your travels.
Additional land accommodations and transfers are not included except where explicitly stated.
*The maximum weight allowed on the flights to and from Antarctica is 20 kg (44 Lb.) per passenger, including hand luggage. Any excess baggage may be left in custody In Punta Arenas. For air-cruises starting in Ushuaia, excess luggage will be disembarked at Port Williams and sent to Punta Arenas by air cargo at the traveller’s expense. Custody luggage will be available for pick up in Punta Arenas upon your return from Antarctica. Due to technical requirements imposed by the flight operation, excess luggage allowance cannot be purchased.
LANDED has a direct contract with the Hebridean Sky. We can also arrange air travel, touring, and accommodations in Chile and Argentina. Speak with one of our expert travel planners today at 801.582.2100. We’ll take care of the details.