Refurbished in 2017, Silver Cloud is a luxury, all-suite Antarctic cruise ship with capacity for 254 passengers in 127 suites. This luxury cruise vessel carries a crew of 212 and the only Relais & Chateaux restaurant in Antarctica.
Silver Cloud has the highest space-to-guest and crew-to-guest ratios among luxury ice-class expedition ships. Their staff-to-guest ratio is nearly one to one.
Silver Cloud has a length of 514 feet, beam of 70.5 feet, and average cruising speed of 18 knots. The vessel has an ice rating of 1C.
Onboard this luxury Antarctic cruise ship, you’ll find:
- Beauty Salon
- Pool Deck
- Fitness Center
- Jogging Track
- Observation Library
- Photo Studio
- Connoisseur’s Corner (Featuring Fine Cigars and Cognacs)
- Multiple Lounges
- Presentation Theater
- Dolce Vita Bar
Other notable Silver Cloud Amenities include fine linens, and a butler service.
Silver Cloud offers five dining options: The Dining Room, the Relais & Châteaux® restaurant (La Dame), La Terrazza, The Grill, and in-suite dining.
All-inclusive shipboard amenities include complimentary beverages, wines and spirits, and a stocked in-suite beverage cabinet.
With a full range of programs and guided experiences, Silver Cloud looks to break the ice between expedition and luxury. With an average of one team member guiding no more that twelve guests, Silver Cloud has a fleet of 18 Zodiacs for up-close explorations. Complimentary kayaking is available, weather and ice conditions permitting.
Guided Zodiac, land and sea tours, and shore-side activities led by the expeditions team are included with every departure (weather permitting). These exploratory excursions are led by a team of experts, including marine biologists, ornithologists, geologists, botanists, historians, and anthropologists.
When you aren’t exploring the Antarctic on land or cruising the coastline in a Zodiac, you can enjoy the ship’s choice of enrichment lectures by their expeditions team, or their onboard entertainment.
Silver Cloud Cabin Options
The Silver Cloud offers eight suites categories:
- Vista Suite – 240 square feet. These suites feature large picture windows providing panoramic ocean views
- Veranda Suite – 295 square feet. Some Veranda Suites accommodate three guests (third guest can be accommodated in a convertible sofa).
- Deluxe Veranda Suite – 295 square feet. These suites have a preferred central location.
- Medallion Suite – 517 square feet. Medallion Suites accommodate three guests (third guest can be accommodated in a convertible sofa).
- Silver Suite – 581 square feet. Silver Suites accommodate three guests (third guest can be accommodated in a convertible sofa).
- Royal Suite – 736 square feet. Available as a one-bedroom configuration or as two-bedroom by adjoining with a Veranda Suite (1,031 square feet as a two bedroom)
- Grand Suite – 1,019 square feet. Available as a one-bedroom configuration or as two-bedroom by adjoining with a Veranda Suite (1,314 square feet as a two bedroom)
- Owner’s Suite – 587 square feet. Available as a one-bedroom configuration or as two-bedroom by adjoining with a Veranda Suite (827 square feet as a two bedroom)
All suites feature butler service, a refrigerator and bar setup stocked with your preferences, pillow menu, plush bathrobe, personalized stationary, umbrella, luxury bath amenities, direct dial telephone(s), dual voltage 110/220 outlets, flat-screen television(s) with interactive media library, sitting area, marbled bathroom with shower (some with tub/shower combination), walk-in wardrobe with personal safe, hair dryer, and writing desk. All cabins can be configured with your choice of one queen-size bed or two twin-size beds.
All suites with the exception of the Vista Suite feature floor-to-ceiling glass doors that open onto a furnished private teak veranda.
Vista Suites, Veranda Suites, and Deluxe Veranda Suites offer unlimited standard Wi-Fi and champagne on arrival.
Medallon Suites, Silver Suites, Royal Suites, Grand Suites and the Owner’s Suite feature unlimited premium Wi-Fi, a separate in-room dining area, a vanity table, a Bose® sound system with bluetooth connectivity, complimentary laundry, pressing & wet cleaning, daily canape service, dinner at the officer’s table, an Illy® espresso machine, and champagne on arrival, with special welcome chocolates and fresh fruit stand.
Silver Suites are furnished with two marbled bathrooms with shower.
Royal Suites, Grand Suites, and the Owner’s Suite feature a marbled bathroom with full-sized bath and separate shower, two hours worldwide phone use from your suite, per voyage segment, and dinner for two at La Dame (one evening per voyage).
Grand Suites have two verandas with patio furniture and floor-to-ceiling glass doors (bedroom two has additional veranda).
Owner’s Suite features an additional powder room.
The Silver Cloud has several expeditions available, ranging from eleven, twelve, sixteen, and seventeen-night cruise programs. One-night hotel accommodation in Ushuaia is included at the start and the end of your trip on most expedition programs.
Sample 11-night Cruise: Ushuaia to Ushuaia:
- Day 1: Arrival in Ushuaia, the most southerly city in the world and the capital of Tierra del Fuego; transfer to your hotel and afternoon and evening at leisure.
- Day 2: Morning at leisure in Ushuaia; afternoon transfer to the Silver Cloud. Enjoy dinner while you sail along the wildlife-rich Beagle Channel, towards the White Continent of Antarctica.
- Day 3-4: At sea, cruise through the Drake Passage. On board, enjoy the vessels onboard entertainment, and enrichment lectures.
- Day 5-9: Cruise between South Shetland Islands and the Antarctic Peninsula. Disembark by Zodiac and explore the continent each day. On board, enjoy yoga classes, and education programs and presentations. No journey is the same.
- Day 10-11: Return to the Drake Passage and to the Beagle Channel bound for Ushuaia.
- Day 11: Morning breakfast and disembarkation in Ushuaia; afternoon transfer to you hotel and afternoon and evening at leisure.
- Day 12: Transfer to the Ushuaia airport for your inward flight.
Additional land accommodations and transfers are not included except where explicitly stated. In-country flights are included when required by itinerary.
LANDED has a direct contract with the Silver Cloud. We can also arrange air travel, touring, and accommodations in Chile and Argentina. Speak with one of our expert travel planners today at 801.582.2100. We’ll take care of the details.