Refurbished in 2018, Silver Explorer is a luxury, all-suite Antarctic cruise ship with capacity for 144 passengers in 66 suites. This luxury Antarctica cruise vessel carries a crew of 118. With nearly one crew member for every guest, Silver Explorer is staffed for personalized service.
Silver Explorer features a length of 354 feet, beam of 52 feet, and an average cruising speed of 14 knots. With the highest ice-class notation (1A) the Silver Explorer ship is ideally suited for Antarctic exploration.
Silver Explorer amenities include:
- Spa and Beauty Salon
- Fitness Center
- Observation Library
- Connoisseur’s Corner (Featuring Fine Cigars and Cognacs)
- Multiple Lounges
- Outdoor Bar
- Medical Center
Other notable Silver Explorer Amenities include an available butler service and fine linens.
Apart from the vessel’s dinning room, Silver Explorer offers their guests The Outdoor Grill restaurant for al fresco dining.
Award-winning itineraries make this ship the perfect combination of adventure and comfort. Silver Explorer has a fleet of 12 Zodiacs for up-close explorations.
Guided Zodiac, land and sea tours, and shore-side activities led by the expeditions team are included with every departure (weather permitting). These exploratory excursions are led by a team of experts, including marine biologists, ornithologists, geologists, botanists, historians, and anthropologists.
When you aren’t exploring the Antarctic on land or cruising the coastline in a Zodiac, you can enjoy the ship’s choice of enrichment lectures by their expeditions team, or their onboard entertainment.
Silver Explorer Cabin Options
The Silver Explorer offers nine suites categories:
- Adventurer Suite – 167 square feet. Two portholes.
- Explorer Suite – 190 square feet. View window.
- View Suite – 192 square feet. View window.
- Vista Suite – 192 square feet. Large picture window.
- Veranda Suite – 216 square feet. French balcony with floor-to-ceiling glass doors
- Medallion Suite – 400 square feet. Balcony with patio furniture and floor-to-ceiling glass doors
- Silver Suite – 422 square feet. Two french balconies with floor-to-ceiling glass doors. Silver Suites can accommodate three people (third person accommodated in a convertible sofa)
- Grand Suite – 618 square feet. Balcony with patio furniture and floor-to-ceiling glass doors.
- Owner’s Suite – 728 square feet. Balcony with patio furniture and floor-to-ceiling glass doors.
All suites feature butler service, a refrigerator and bar setup stocked with your preferences, pillow menu, plush bathrobe, personalized stationary, umbrella, luxury bath amenities, direct dial telephone(s), flat-screen television(s) with interactive media library, sitting area, marbled bathroom with shower, fitted wardrobe with personal safe, and hair dryer. All cabins can be configured with your choice of one queen-size bed or two twin-size beds.
Adventurer Suites, Explorer Suites, View Suites, Vista Suites, and Veranda Suites offer unlimited standard Wi-Fi and champagne on arrival.
Medallion Suites, Silver Suites, Grand Suites and the Owner’s Suite feature unlimited premium Wi-Fi, a marbled bathroom with full-sized bath and separate shower, a vanity table, laundry service throughout the voyage, dinner at the officer’s table, an Illy® espresso machine, and champagne on arrival, with special welcome chocolates and fresh fruit stand.
Medallion and Silver Suites offer afternoon canapes upon request.
Grand and Owner’s Suites feature two hours of worldwide phone use from your suite, per voyage segment, and daily canape service.
The Silver Explorer has several expeditions available, ranging from eight, thirteen, fourteen, and seventeen-night cruise programs. One-night hotel accommodation in Ushuaia or Punta Arenas is included at the start and the end of your trip on most expedition programs.
Sample 8-night Cruise: Antarctica Bridge:
- Day 1: Arrive at Punta Arenas; transfer to your hotel. Enjoy a welcome dinner and a briefing in preparation for embarkation day.
- Day 2: Fly to King George Island in business class. Zodiac transfer to your ship for embarkation.
- Day 3-7: Cruise the Antarctic Peninsula and South Shetland Islands. Disembark by Zodiac and explore the continent each day. No journey is the same.
- Day 8: Disembark in King George Island for your flight back to Punta Arenas in business class. Upon arrival, transfer to the hotel and bon voyage dinner.
- Day 9: Morning breakfast and transfer to the airport to continue your travels.
Additional land accommodations and transfers are not included except where explicitly stated. In-country flights are included when required by itinerary.
LANDED has a direct contract with the Silver Explorer. We can also arrange air travel, touring, and accommodations in Chile and Argentina. Speak with one of our expert travel planners today at 801.582.2100. We’ll take care of the details.