THE GALAPAGOS ENDEMIC
The 16-passenger Galapagos Endemic motor catamaran was launched in July 2018. It operates exclusively within the Galapagos Islands.
The Galapagos Endemic is considered a “senior-friendly” vessel. It has fewer stairs than other catamarans, with better accessibility and special accommodation options.
The Galapagos Endemic carries a crew of 10, plus a cruise director, and an expert naturalist guide.
The vessel is 115 feet long, with a width (beam) of 45 feet, and a draft to baseline of 6.1 feet. With two 500-horsepower engines, Galapagos Endemic has a cruising speed of 12 knots.
The Galapagos Endemic’s Sky Deck offers lounge chairs, al fresco dining, and a hot tub.
The Upper Deck has a sun terrace and forward observation platform with lounge chairs. For guests with special mobility considerations, private dining can be arranged on this deck.
The Main Deck has a forward observation platform, a briefing room, lounge, and interior dinging room.
Other amenities include a BBQ station, television lounge, coffee station, library, kayaks, and snorkeling gear.
GALAPAGOS ENDEMIC CABIN OPTIONS
The Endemic has capacity for 16 guests:
- 4 panoramic suites on the Main Deck (double occupancy, approximately 344 square feet)
- 4 suites on the Upper Deck (double occupancy, approximately 344 square feet)
Each panoramic suite cabin has air conditioning, a balcony, private bathroom, and either a king-size bed or two twin-size beds. Additional features include storage space, a writing desk, hair dryer, and a security box.
The Upper Deck also has one single-occupancy cabin with a private balcony. This cabin can be used to add an additional naturalist guide on charter cruises.
The Galapagos Endemic offers 3, 4 and 7-night cruise itineraries. Charter itineraries are also available.
Expert naturalist guides (1 per 16 guests) lead hiking, kayaking, snorkeling and wildlife observation excursions.
SAMPLE 4-NIGHT CRUISE:
- Sunday: Arrival at Baltra airport and transfer to yacht; in the afternoon visit Dragon Hill and Santa Cruz Island
- Monday: Arrival at Kicker Rock, off San Cristobal Island; in the afternoon visit Isla Lobos/Sea Lion Island
- Tuesday: Arrival at Gardner Bay on Española Island; in the afternoon visit Suarez Point
- Wednesday: Arrival at Santa Cruz island in the morning; in the afternoon visit Charles Darwin station
- Thursday: Arrival at South Plaza Island in the morning; in the afternoon transfer to Baltra Airport
ENDEMIC TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- Year of Construction: 2018
- Type: Luxury motor catamaran
- Length: 115 feet
- Max Speed: 12 knots
- Capacity: 16 passengers, 10 crew members + 1 cruise officer + 1 bilingual guide (an additional guide can be added for private charters)
For more information on group-basis Galapagos cruises and yacht charters, check out LANDED’s free guide.
LANDED has a direct contract with the Galapagos Endemic; we book individual cabins as well as private charters. We can also arrange air travel, touring, and accommodations in mainland Ecuador. Speak with one of our expert travel planners today at 801.582.2100. We’ll take care of the details.