Hotel AWA rests on a 50-acre private estate on the sparkling shore of Lake Llanquihue. The hotel is flanked by southern beech and pine forest, and overlooks the lake and a private dock. The snow-capped cone of Osorno Volcano rises through the clouds above the opposite shore.
This lake is one of the most accessible wilderness destinations in all of Chilean Patagonia. Nearby, guests can explore Vicente Perez Rosales National Park, the Petrohue Waterfall, Alerce Andino National Park, the Llanquihue National Reserve.
Hotel Awa is located 30 miles (18 minutes) northeast of the town of Puerto Varas, approximately 40 minutes from the Puerto Montt (PMC) airport.
Large picture windows fill the hotel with light, maximizing views of the lake and surrounding woodlands.
Interior spaces are accented with local flagstone, volcanic rock, wool textiles, and guaitecas cypress.
The full board program includes
- Privately guided touring (hiking, fishing, birdwatching, kayaking, and cultural excursions; rafting is group basis with maximum of eight guests)
- Three meals daily
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Select Chilean wines
- Private transportation to and from the Puerto Montt airport
Laundry and massage treatments carry an additional charge. Premium beverages and other tours carry an additional surcharge.
HOTEL AWA ACCOMMODATIONS
Guest rooms at Hotel AWA have floor-to-ceiling windows with views of the lake and the Osorno Volcano.
In-room amenities include:
- Separate shower and whirlpool tub
- Security box
Hotel AWA’s 12 Superior Rooms are about 500 square feet (46 square meters) and fitted with a king or two twin beds. Each room accommodates 2 guests.
Each rooms offers a view of Llanquihue Lake and the Osorno Volcano.
Hotel AWA’s 4 suites are just over 800 square feet (75 square meters) and fitted with a king or two twin beds. Each suite accommodates up to 3 guests.
The living room includes a sofa bed and bar.
All the rooms have view to Llanquihue Lake and Osorno Volcano.
HOTEL AWA AMENITIES
Hotel amenities include:
- Restaurant: Chef Oscar Bermudes prepares a new menu every day with ingredients taken from AWA’s organic garden
- Bar: Master distillers create innovative cocktail recipes
- The nearly 2400 square foot spa includes an indoor heated pool, dry sauna, steam room, massage room, and hydro-massage pool
EXPLORING CHILEAN PATAGONIA
Visitors at Hotel AWA have access to a wide variety of activities:
- Seaplane rides
- Hiking and birdwatching in the nearby Vicente Pérez Rosales National Park
- Tour of Llanquihue Lake
- Kayak and Rafting
- Bicycle rides
- Horseback riding