The Galapagos Elite
The Galapagos Elite: Megacatamaran
Launched in June 2019, the Galapagos Elite is a luxury motor catamaran operating in the Galapagos Islands.
Its cutting-edge design provides smooth, stable, and energy-efficient cruising (2 500-horsepower engines, with a cruising speed of 12 knots).
Galapagos Elite has a length of 123 feet, a beam (width) of 44 feet, and a 6.2 foot draft–shallow enough to allow the vessel to navigate into sheltered bays and closer to the shoreline.
Elite has a dedicated 10-member crew, with an additional cruise director and a naturalist guide. A second guide can be added when the Galapagos Elite is privately chartered.
Breakfast and lunch are served buffet-style and a la carte dinner is served in the al fresco dining area. Meals can be adapted to meet special dietary considerations.
Among The Elite’s amenities are a lounge, bar, salon, sky deck, other indoor and outdoor social areas, whirlpool hot tub, and 180-degree panoramic views.
Elite Cabin Options
The Galapagos Elite has capacity for 16 guests:
- 4 Golden Suites on the main deck (double-occupancy, 376 square feet each)
- 4 Golden Suites on the upper deck (double-occupancy, 376 square feet each)
Another single-occupancy cabin on the upper deck (205 square feet; for staff or an additional guide).
Adjoining (inter-connected) suites are available on both the main and upper decks.
The Galapagos Elite’s Golden Suites have panoramic ocean views, outdoor balconies, individual climate controls, large private bathrooms, storage space, and either two twin beds or one king-size bed.
The Galapagos Elite offers 3, 4 and 7-night cruise itineraries. Charter itineraries are also available.
Expert naturalist guides (1 per 16 guests) lead hiking, kayaking, snorkeling and wildlife observation excursions.
Sample 4-night Galapagos Elite Cruise:
- Tuesday: Arrival at Baltra airport and transfer to yacht; in the afternoon visit Charles Darwin Station
- Wednesday: Arrival at Prince Philip’s Steps/El Barranco, Genovesa Island; in the afternoon visit Darwin Bay and snorkel
- Thursday: Arrival at Buccaneer Cove and Espumilla Beach, Santiago; in the afternoon visit Egas Port
- Friday: Arrival at Bachas Beach, Santa Cruz; in the afternoon visit Twins and Santa Cruz Highlands
- Saturday: Arrival at Kicker Rock, San Cristobal; in the afternoon transfer to San Cristobal Airport
Elite Technical Specifications
- Year of Construction: 2019
- Type: Motor Catamaran
- Length: 123 feet
- Max Speed: 12 knots
- Capacity: 16 passengers, 10 crew members + 1 cruise officer + 1 bilingual guide
For more information on group-basis Galapagos cruises and yacht charters, check out LANDED’s free guide.
“He who is outside his door already has the hardest part of his journey behind him.”