MV Ocean Adventurer is an ice-strengthened polar expedition ship. With 1A ice-class, the highest notation the Ocean adventurer ship is ideally suited for Antarctic voyages.
Renovated in 2017, Ocean Adventurer won the Travel Weekly Magellan Award for Overall Small Cruise Ship (500 passengers or under).
The Ocean Adventurer has a maximum capacity of 128 guests, supported by a crew of 87.
The vessel is 332 feet long, with a width (beam) of 53 feet, and a draft to baseline of 15 feet. With diesel twin engines of 5,400 horsepower, the Ocean Adventurer cruising speed is of 12 knots in open water.
The Ocean Adventurer is furnished with a library, gym, outdoor jacuzzi, clinic, main lounge, dinning room, clipper club (for a more private dinning experience), and polar boutique. The vessel also offers ample outdoor deck space for observation.
All meals onboard the ship, including snacks, soft drinks, juices, coffee, tea, and cocoa, as well as beer and wine during dinner, are included in all itineraries.
Laundry service, bar, massages, telecommunication and Wi-Fi come at an additional cost.
Voyages aboard the Ocean Adventurer are designed to make expeditions uniquely crafted to each client. This is why they offer passengers a range of adventure options and onboard activities to match their personal interests. Ocean Adventurer carries a fleet of fourteen Zodiacs for exploration and remote landings. Zodiac cruising and onshore hiking are included with every departure (weather permitting).
Guests at the Ocean Adventurer can also enjoy paddling, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, hiking, and polar plunging.
A pair of waterproof expedition boots will be given to each guest on loan for shore landings, as well as a parka to keep.
When you aren’t exploring the Antarctic on land or cruising the coastline in a Zodiac, you can enjoy the Ocean Adventurer formal and informal presentations by the Expedition Team and special guests as scheduled.
Ocean Adventurer Cabin Options
The Ocean Adventurer offers six cabin categories:
- Triple Cabins – 145 to 164 square feet
- Lower Deck Twin Cabins – 117 to 132 square feet
- Main Deck Twin Porthole Cabins – 113 to 132 square feet
- Main Deck Twin Window Cabins – 115 to 160 square feet
- Superior Cabins – 132 to 163 square feet
- Deluxe Cabins – 144 to 179 square feet
- Suite – 215 to 267 square feet
- Owner’s Suite – Features a panoramic window and a sitting area. One of the Owner’s Suites also has a bathtub. These cabins are 207 to 294 square feet.
All cabins are furnished with two twin-size beds with the exception of the Triple Cabins that have an additional upper twin-size bed, and the Suites and Owner Suites that have a double bed made of two single berths.
All cabins have a minimum of one porthole or window, a private shower and toilet, hair dryer, and bathrobes.
The Ocean Adventurer operates cruises of various lengths, from 7 to 19 nights.
Sample 7-night Cruise: Antarctica Express – Fly the Drake:
- Day 1: Arrive at Punta Arenas before 3PM. Enjoy a welcome dinner and a briefing in preparation for embarkation day.
- Day 2: Fly to King George Island. After landing, stretch your legs with a one mile walk to the shore, before being transferred by Zodiac to your ship for embarkation.
- Day 3-6: Cruise the Antarctic Peninsula and South Shetland Islands. Disembark by Zodiac and explore the continent each day. No journey is the same.
- Day 7: Disembark in King George Island for your flight back to Punta Arenas. Upon arrival, group transfer to the hotel and afternoon and evening at leisure.
- Day 8: Morning breakfast and day at leisure to continue your travels.
Additional land accommodations and transfers are not included except where explicitly stated.
LANDED has a direct contract with the Ocean Adventurer. We can also arrange air travel, touring, and accommodations in Chile and Argentina. Speak with one of our expert travel planners today at 801.582.2100. We’ll take care of the details.